[PPGIS] ISPM Newsletter

Charla Burnett charlaburnett89 at gmail.com
Wed May 1 11:50:00 EDT 2019

ISPM Newsletter
Help Support Mappers in Need!

*
<http://landscapevalues.org/ispm/blog/suriname-community-uses-new-open-source-app-to-preserve-storytelling-traditions/>*The
Society’s objectives are to encourage and support the development,
experimentation, evaluation, and application of participatory mapping
methods globally in order to foster interaction and research in this
scientific field, and to coordinate with other organizations in the study
of participatory processes, mapping, and quantitative analyses. We will be
providing travel and technology grants on a rolling basis to those in need
from underrepresented communities.

We are able to support true and equal use of GIS technologies through
membership dues.  100% of funds raised through dues goes to participatory
mappers in need. Please consider how far your membership can go in
supporting participatory mappers from all over the world!
Become a ISPM MEMBER!
<http://landscapevalues.org/ispm/membership-get-involved/>
*ISPM Searches for Editorial Board for Upcoming Journal * Our Executive
Committee is searching for a dedicated scholars and junior scholars to lead
our new Editorial Board for a journal on participatory mapping starting *March
or April 2019*. The Managing Editor will be responsible for the recruitment
of the (editorial) advisory board of experts in the field of GIS, community
geography, indigenous rights, urban and rural planning, participatory
geodesign, and other subfields.

*The Editorial Board Members: *

-Review Submitted Manuscripts;
-Advise on Journal Policy and Scope;
-Identify Topics for Special Issues, which they may guest edit;
-Attract new authors and submissions;
-Act as advisers in cases of complex publishing ethics allegations;
-Ideally submit some of their own work for consideration by the journal.

For all serious inquiry, please email ISPM Executive Secretary Charla M.
Burnett at
contact at pmappingsociety.org
<contact at pmappingsociety.org?subject=Editorial%20Board&body=Please%20send%20me%20more%20information%20about%20the%20editorial%20board%20positions%20available!>
ISPM Conference
Let the people map!

*Aalto University, Espoo, Finland | 17-19 June 2019*

Organized for the second time, the International Society of Participatory
Mapping (ISPM) conference brings together scholars, planners and
practitioners working with participatory mapping and spatial participatory
methods. Hosted by Aalto University in Finland, the 2019 conference
provides a platform for presenting recent advances within the field of
participatory mapping and initiating discussion on the current state and
future directions of the research.

Rapidly increasing applications of participatory mapping methods within and
beyond academia challenge the community to enhance transdisciplinary
collaboration and to advance the circulation of good practice. With the
theme "Let the people map", the ISPM 2019 conference invites us to approach
these questions with a special focus on novel ways of facilitating dialog
between participatory mapping researchers and practitioners.
Are you passionate about Participatory Mapping?

The International Society for Participatory Mapping (ISPM) is searching for
Executive Board Members and Special Advisers to help support our Mission!

Our Website: pmappingsociety.org <http://landscapevalues.org/ispm/>

Contribute to our online database of Participatory Mapping Projects!

Our members contribute to crowd sourced databases on our website. We are
searching for participatory mapping software, forums, publications, and
projects from around the world. Our goal is to build a comprehensive global
database that provides contributors, policy-makers, and the public with a
comprehensive overview of the field.*
<http://landscapevalues.org/ispm/participatory-mapping-in-practice/>*

*Participatory Mapping Crowdsourced Project*
Our PMC Project can connect your work with other participatory mappers from
across the globe. We use the content you submit to keep our members up to
date and create regional resource hubs. This will better help us understand
where we should focus academic research goals and provide technology and
travel resources to underrepresented communities. *Click on the map to
check it out. *

If you have a lot of projects, we also can do batch uploads. Just email
contact at pmappingsociety.org
<contact at pmappingsociety.org?subject=Batch%20Uploads%20&body=Can%20you%20please%20send%20me%20the%20template%20for%20the%20batch%20uploading%20process.%20Thank%20you.%20>
for more details. Check out our website: pmappingsociety.org
<http://landscapevalues.org/ispm/>and all the ways you can contribute!

[image: Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=6142e541f362ba5f29e697f62&afl=1>