[PPGIS] Call for Session Proposals-2nd ISPM Conference (June 17-19th, 2019 Helsinki, Finland)

Charla Burnett charlaburnett89 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 11:05:26 EDT 2018

Hello,

Greetings from Barbuda where I’m conducting research on the Blue Halo
Initiative and PPGIS. I just wanted to send out the call for session
proposals at ISPM’s second conference at Aalto University in June 2019.
Please submit and share with other colleagues and experts in the field.
Thank you!

Kindly,
Charla M. Burnett
Executive Secretary
International Society for Participatory Mapping

International Society of Participatory Mapping
Call for Session Proposals!

This is an invitation to submit proposals for sessions in the second
International Society of Participatory Mapping (ISPM) conference, to be
held June 17-19, 2019 in Espoo, Finland.  ISPM conference 2019 will bring
together top researchers from around the world to exchange research for the
presentation of work in fields related to public participatory mapping and
GIS (PGIS and PPGIS) with emphasis on applications in both research and
practice.

Proposals for such sessions are hereby solicited. A proposal should
identify a coherent topic that can be addressed by at least 3 papers.
*Responsibilities of a session chair*:

As a proposer of an accepted session, you will become the session chair.
The chair's primary responsibility is to solicit high quality papers for
the session, oversee the review, and write a tutorial introduction to your
session. You are to solicit abstracts, have them refereed, collaborate with
the conference chairs in determining which abstracts are to be accepted and
structure presentation time in your session. Please contact us at the
address below if you have any questions about the obligations entailed in
becoming a session organizer.
*Procedure for submitting proposals:*

Session proposals must be maximum 600 words – including all the information
below.

The proposal should:

   - Include session title, author names, affiliations, email addresses,
   and 3 – 5 keywords
   - Define a specific area to be covered.
   - Justify why the proposed area is appropriate for the conference.
   Discuss why the topic is timely and important, and how the topic has been
   addressed in other conferences or recent publications.
   - Argue that there is likely to be sufficient high quality material to
   fill the session, e.g., a list of researchers you intend to solicit for
   papers. If it is unlikely to be adequate paper submissions, you may express
   your interest in having a workshop instead.
   - Provide a short academic bio of the proposer.

Proposals must be sent in PDF format to this email address:
sessions at ispm-conference.com

Important Dates

*June 18, 2018: Proposal submission opens*

*September 30, 2018: Proposal due*

*November 1, 2018: Notification regarding the proposals*

Each proposal will be evaluated by the organizing committee. We look
forward to your submissions.

Questions? Please send email to

sessions at ispm-conference.com
Join Us- Let the People Map!
Submit Proposal Here <http://ispm-conference.com/session_proposals/>
Become an ISPM Member!

We are now open for ISPM Membership! Benefits include access to our forums,
databases, monthly updates (including job openings and new software), and
our bi-annual ISPM Conference (see our Conference Page). We offer
professional and student rates, in addition to waiver programs for those in
need. All funds raised through membership support our travel waiver program
to our conferences and workshops (and soon to be research grant
support) for those in economic need. Check out our website at
pmappingsociety.org. <http://landscapevalues.org/ispm/>