[PPGIS] Meeting December 13th-International Society on Participatory Mapping (ISPM)- AGENDA

Charla Burnett charlaburnett89 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 16:11:22 EST 2017

Hello Everyone,

I hope this email finds you well.

>  In order to let people from different time zones participate in the Steering Committee for the creation of the International Society for Participatory Mapping (ISPM) we will meet twice   on (x-apple-data-detectors://3)   Wednesday, December 13, 2017 (x-apple-data-detectors://3).   The first meeting will take place   at   (x-apple-data-detectors://4)11am (x-apple-data-detectors://4)   and the second   a   (x-apple-data-detectors://5)7pm (x-apple-data-detectors://5)   Eastern Time Zones on skype. Please add my skype name charlaburnett.

Here is the agenda for the two meetings on Wednesday.

1.Committee Positions

What positions are still available?

Who might be interested in filling these roles?

Are we going to ask for dues? How much?

2. Partner Institutions

What universities and institutions would like to partner with us?

Check out our current list:

Who can do outreach? What are the best strategies for outreach?

What should their role be? Are we asking for funding?

3. 2019 Conference @ Alto University

What are the various roles that need to be filled?

What’s the committees role?

Who are we going to ask for travel grants?

How much will the fees be?

How will we advertise?

4. Journal?

Are we going to start a journal?

How will this process occur?

What type of journal and what medium?

How will we do outreach?

What positions will need to be filled to do do the journal?

Who would want to fund this journal?

Who wants to lead the Journal Subcommittee?

How are we going to include scholars from the global south?

5. Logo and website

Does anyone want to contribute to the logo design or website?

Where is Zachary on making the website?

6. Questions

Do you have any questions about the organization?

How can we strengthen our organization and get people involved?

Any other ideas?

Thanks! See you Wednesday. Please let me know if you need access to the committee’s documents or want to get involved.

  Best Regards,

  Charla M. Burnett

General Executive of the ESPMI Network

 Organizing Committee Member of the GEO

  PhD Student   in   Global Governance and Human Security

  John W. McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies

  University of Massachusetts Boston,   100 Morrissey Blvd. Boston, MA   02125 (x-apple-data-detectors://1/0)

   Tel: +01  (517) 667-8178 (tel:(517)%20667-8178)  |   Skype: charlaburnett | Email:  charla.burnett001 at umb.edu (mailto:charla.burnett001 at umb.edu)

  PBefore printing this message, please consider if it is necessary to do so. The protection of the environment has to do with all of us.